Monday, July 18, 2011

Antidepressant cold turkey problems?

I quit paxil cold turkey about 4 or 5 days ago. Since then the withdrawal symptoms have been next to unbearable. I can't sleep because every 10-20 seconds I get brain zaps, I'm too dizzy to walk, my eyes are blurred, I go through periods of vomiting and seem to have a constant headache. Feels like I have 8 lots of flu all on top of each other with the added bonus of an electric current running through my head. I did this without telling my doctor first (not my most cleverest of ideas) but I do want to go back on them again. If I were to just start taking my normal dose again (30mg) then would the withdrawal symptoms do a disappearing act fairly quickly? Or will they persist for a longer period of time even if I take it as normal. Should I just take my normal dose again or build up to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment