Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bearded dragon habitat?

So, I posted a question that had to do with substrates for my bearded dragon since I can't seem to find reptile carpet in brown for a forty breeder. I keep hearing that washed playsand is very good, but I also hear that it's dusty. Is there a way to make it not dusty that doesn't include wetting it after I stick it into my forty breeder? Also, would my bearded have less chance of impaction if I made half of the forty breeder sand and put tile on the other? This way I can keep his food on the tile end, and also feed him crickets there without him accidentally ingesting the sand. What do u guys think about this? Would anyone who is an experienced bearded keeper use this method? Or is it still dumb to use sand? I don't want a lecture about loose substrate and stuff. Just let me know if it's a good idea. Or at least if it's better than just putting sand in there

No comments:

Post a Comment